Debbi Clarke – Musical Director
“The numbers come up covered in blue grass-tinged glory as played by Debbi Clarke’s exquisite seven-piece band, visible throughout the show in a little marquee just behind the main stage.”
What’s on Stage
Debbi Clarke is a freelance Musical Director, pianist, accompanist and teacher based in London and Surrey.
She completed an MA in Musical Direction at Mountview, graduating with merit in September 2021. A graduate of the London College of Music, she achieved a distinction in her MMus in 2017 in piano performance and accompanying.
As a Musical Director, Debbi has extensive experience of a variety of genres. Her professional approach and ability to put fellow musicians and performers at ease is as important to her as anything else. This creates an excellent working atmosphere, helping to create high quality performances.
The Good Enough Mums Club
Debbi is delighted to be the Musical Director for The Good Enough Mums Club tour, starting in Birmingham’s famous Hippodrome Theatre. The show features a movement of mothers, moms and mamas spreading the message that you don’t have to be perfect, and sometimes being good enough is best. Runs from 25 October to 2 December 2023.
Debbi is the Musical Director for the magic fairy tale adventure of Cinderella at the Camberley Theatre. Featuring a “jukebox of much loved songs”, the show from runs 9-31 December 2023.
Recent productions include:
- MD | Weekend Covers | The Other Palace | The Unusual Theatre Company (2023)
- MD | Annie Get Your Gun | Lavender Theatre (2023)
- MD | Rapunzel | UK Tour | Anton Benson Productions (2023)
- MD | Powerhouse | Wonderville, Haymarket (2023)
- MD | Diva! Live from Hell | Cast Album Recording (2023)
- MD | Costa Cruises Install | Live Business (2023)
- Keys 2 | No Limits | Turbine Theatre (2023)
- MD | Pump up the Volume | Turbine Theatre | MTFest (2023)
- MD | TUI Sensorati | Live Business (2023)
- MD | Stranger Sings | The Vaults, Waterloo (2022/3)
- Asst MD | Red Book | Workshop (2022)
- MD | Diva! Live from Hell | Turbine Theatre | The Unusual Theatre Company (2022)
- Asst MD | Bonnie & Clyde | Arts Theatre, West End | DLAP Productions (2022)
- MD & Rep Coach | ICMT and Performers College (2022 – present)
- MD | Beauty and the Beast Pantomime | Swan Theatre, Worcester (2021/2)
- MD | Liminal | Kings Head Theatre, Islington (2021)
For the full list, please see Past Work.
She is also a proficient Mainstage programmer, arranger and orchestrator.
Musical Directorial Services
Debbi’s skills and experience as an MD include: accompanying rehearsals, audition playing and sight reading, coaching singers and leading vocal warm ups, conducting on both stick and keys, and playing in orchestral pits. Services include:
- Individual and group vocal coaching
- Vocal and instrumental performance
- Copyist work
- Piano or instrumental backing tracks for personal rehearsal or shows
Musical Director London